Old 27-09-2012, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default The Crazy Year continues

Nick wrote

Bob Hobden wrote:

We have both Cyclamen coum and hederafolium flowering together now and our
wisteria still has a few flowers, on the allotment a few cherries have
just
set on two of our four trees (and they are getting bigger, will we get
ripe
fruit for Christmas) and the winter sprouting broccoli is nearly over.

Sorry, but I regard the cherries as the only unusual ones. My C. coum
are flowering vigorously, but that's fairly normal for autumn, and
broccoli flip between being annual and biennial at whim - in some
years, all of my spring ones crop in autumn.

We have never had the two cyclamen flower at the same time, normally one now
and the other in early spring. Quite agree broccoli can do it's own thing
some years more than others, this year the rest of the "cabbages" have not
performed as they should on the packets as well most being months early or
just going straight to flower. Still the bees love them.
As for the cherries, we could not believe it when they flowered, only a few
it's true, again in late August and they set.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.