Old 27-09-2012, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default The Crazy Year continues

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote
Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote

"Bob Hobden" wrote
"Roger Tonkin" wrote

Went down he garden today, and noticed that the rhododendron is
flowering!

We have both Cyclamen coum and hederafolium flowering together now and
our wisteria still has a few flowers, on the allotment a few cherries
have just set on two of our four trees (and they are getting bigger,
will we get ripe fruit for Christmas) and the winter sprouting
broccoli is nearly over.

All my blackberries have failed. They started to fruit and then just
dried up Didn't get any plums or apples either

We had the same problem with out Boisenberry for the second year, so it
is gone, and the Loganberry has one more year to redeem itself or that
too will go. No point in wasting effort and space for no return.

So in my case, would you give them another couple of years? I have had
the other stuff fail but never the blackberries.

I work on a two strikes and you're out basis (even with my Christmas card
list!). :-)

Good plan)

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/