Old 27-09-2012, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil Cook Phil Cook is offline

Default GQT

On 27/09/2012 11:52, Martin wrote:

In the 1980s we had a crossing just after Xmas in a severe gale,...
...I
travelled on a day boat from Hoek to the Harwich a few weeks after the
Zeebrugge disaster in the most enormous gale. It took two tugs and a
replaced tow rope just to get the boat undocked. At sea it was really
horrific. Small coasters that we passed were almost submerging. We
arrived 7 hours late.

I once travelled from Esbjerg to Newcastle in a severe gale. It took
three tugs to get the ship off the dock and I woke at least once in the
night by coming into sudden contact with the bunk above. Then when we
got off the ship the land felt like it was moving!
--
Phil Cook