Old 23-04-2003, 03:00 PM

Default Solar lighting

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
Victoria Clare writes:

| Frankly, why not spend your money on a chocolate teapot? Equally
| useful, and rather tastier.
|
| Only if you live somewhere with streetlights!

Or where there is massive sky glow, which accounts for over 99%
(perhaps 99.9%) of the UK population. I don't think that there is
anywhere left in the south east or midlands where the sky glow isn't
oppressive, and precious few places outside those.

'Oppressive' is a very subjective assessment and quite different from
'useful for seeing by'. I've spent more than a few nights standing out in
the Sussex countryside without being able to see my hand in front of my
face, at least, not without night vision equipment.

Colin Bignell