View Single Post
  #96   Report Post  
Old 27-09-2012, 11:45 PM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Sep 2009

[/quote]

Hi All,

Just about ready to create my inoculation formula for next season. I will begin the breakdown of the charcoal in the next couple of days Wetting of the charcoal before shredding is a must to prevent a dust storm which would make you very unpopular with your neighbours.

This shredded charcoal will be deposited in one of my two 80 litre sealed lid bins. When the bin is full I will then begin the layering process in the second bin. This involves adding alternate amounts of blood, fish and bone and chicken manure pellets and other ingredients as I fill this container. This should ensure that these ingredients are well mixed with the charcoal and absorbed when the inoculation liquid is added. Once this liquid has been added the lid will then be sealed and allowed to over winter.

However, it is the apparent lack of significant increase in most alliums growth which worries me. This may be due to the VAM's available to us in the UK. All VAM products are not the same. In researching the Internet I found that America, Australia and New Zealand all have VAM products with a much more diverse range of VAM's within the mix. We in the UK have Rootgrow which although seems to work reasonably well with leek, potato, peas and to a slightly lesser extent with beans it would seem not to be the answer!!!.

There are other VAM products available in the UK but the prices are mostly out of my reach to purchase. But as I say it maybe that these products may have VAM's with a stronger affinity to allium and other crop growth potential. It is also worthy of note that these foreign producers of VAM's state that their product can be kept indefinitely!!!! I leave you to draw your own conclusions, but it does seem similar to the EM scenario.

I believe that I know the type of product which we need, but doubt that it will ever be produced in the UK. This because this country is so tied into Multi-national big money that it would never see the light of day!!!! Germany on the other hand seems to be the only country to do as it see's fit with regards to how they cultivate the soil. They have food laws far superior to any other country in the world, and are at the apex of all alternative power systems. They are the front runners in all things green and are decade ahead of the UK in their thinking.

And remember that they have bought vast tracts of fertile soil in Africa untouched by chemicals to use their Palaterra soil product on.

It is also strange that so little information is available as to the change over in Germany to a Palaterra soil in the media!! You would think that an organic soil capable of increasing food production by a considerable margin would be big news across the world. There is also the fact that it will apparently reduce the use of inorganic fertilisers by 80%, and as yet nothing much reported!!

PS:- Has anyone noticed the ridiculous prices for Garlic bulbs, If ever there was a need to seed save our own garlic for planting out in autumn this is it!!!!!! Thompson & Morgan are the worst, £4.99 per bulb and postage at £4.95!!!!!!!! Its entirely up to you, but I will be seed saving the best of my garlic bulbs for planting out in the autumn next year!!!!!! It is the same with seed potato and many other essential crops, we are being ripped off big time!!!

The mind is like a parachute its totally useless unless it is open

uriel13