Old 23-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Gene Schurg

Default Source for Paraphalaenopsis

Al,

I just received Paraphal. Sunny from RF Orchids (along with the other two
hybrids he listed). I did see in my searches that Sunny is a natural hybrid
as you mentioned.

I contacted Dwayne at Dowery and he said only his labukensis (which I
purchased from him) is worth selling at this point. His other plants need
more time to get established.

I guess the size of these beauties limit their appeal. They don't fit the
potted plant trade. That makes them somewhat difficult to find someone who
carries them.

Gene

"Al" wrote in message
serpentilingua
labukensis
laycockii
denevei

in your searching you may also come across plants labeled as thorntonii.
This has been determined to be the natural hybrid (serpentilingua x

denevei)
AKA Ppls. Sunny in registration, but it does exist in the wild along with
the other four and is worth possessing...

Good luck on your shopping spree...
I managed to acquire all of the above from a combination of RF Orchids and
Dowery Orchids

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
news
My new favorite orchid (at least for now) is the Paraphalaenopsis. I
purchased labukensis last winter and lost the laycockii (never took

root).
I bought the crosses that RF Orchids were selling.

I would like to have all 4 species. Does anyone know of a source for

these
interesting plants?

Thanks,
Gene