Old 28-09-2012, 02:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steerpike Steerpike is offline

Default Help for Heroes?

On Thursday, September 27, 2012 12:56:40 PM UTC+1, 'Mike' wrote:
"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message

In article , John

writes

I will assume that your deliberate attempt to avoid the subject of getting

off your arse and doing some honest charitable work yourself, means

that you are not the slightest bit interested in doing any hard work, but

you just prefer the easy option of making unsubstantiated allegations

from behind your firewall?

If you want to rail against organisations making enormous profits, you

could start with the energy companies.

Are you frightened of them?

I thought the Gardening Leave charity (www.gardeningleave.org/) was On

Topic for this newsgroup and actually seems very worthwhile but

unfortunately only up in the north at the moment. i would be happy to

volunteer time etc. to help if they started it up down here.

Any charity set up to help ex-servicemen has my vote anyway, having just

laid a wreath at the Northern Ireland Veterans Association annual service

at Alrewas nat. Arboretum last Saturday

--

Janet Tweedy

Dalmatian Telegraph

http://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

Janet I have visited Alrewas quite a few times representing various ex

Service Associations I am involved with, and to me, the most "lump in the

throat" scene/site, is all the empty panels. Panels waiting for names to go

up.

And my Grandson has just joined the Royal Marine Band Service in the Corps

of Drums

Mike

Helping the US to get their hands on others mineral resources, is surely worth a few thousand dead UK service people though Mike?