Old 28-09-2012, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Some things never change!

"Martin" wrote ...

"Bob Hobden" wrote:

"Martin" wrote

Baz wrote:

I am very lucky to work for a firm that allows me to use the transport
for
my own use, by arrangement of course.
A co-worker and me have ferried some lost count of loads of free manure
the half allotment and to the house.
It is absolultely amazing how many "friends" I could have now!
They think because it is free that they can give me small talk and
perseuade me into giving them some for free.
The word free is a bit misleading. I have to buy the fuel to power both
vehicles, AND the insurance for personal use of 2 of them. Now that
makes
it all a bit iffy as to whether it is economical.
For some fat tart to have a go at me with her giant husband, and then
asks
for my wares is a big NO.

I hope "wares" isn't a euphemism :-)

As I said, some things never change.

It's best to ignore people like that. The world is full of them.

What do you do with a guy who plants the whole of his allotment with
potatoes and then decides he doesn't want to be a member anymore?

Probably all had Blight so with them being left in the ground the person
that takes over will not be able to grow potatoes or tomatoes for a few
years without them getting blight

More or less my answer to Baz.

and sending it all over the site. Get
together with other plot holders and dig them all up now and dispose of
any
rotten ones and the surrounding soil too, it's in everyone's interest.

Unfortunately most of the other plot holders couldn't give a toss.

They will next season! And you know what to tell them when they ask why.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.