Old 28-09-2012, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default The Crazy Year continues

Baz wrote:
At least this makes me feel better, in lieu of my beans and courgettes
... I have just picked 2 huge punnets of tomatoes! (Which are sulky
and jumping off the vines at me, cos I haven't picked any for a week,
and even then I was behind with the picking, so there are a number of
split ones today!)

Am I right in thinking that split tomatoes have had erratic water/feed?

Specifically watering following not watering. But also not picking and
continuing to water. We should have turned the water down as the temp
dropped

Removing flowers/stripping, allows energy into the already set fruit.

I know the theory. It just feels wrong to be so mean to the poor plants.

Sorry to hear about your thumb, you must be in pain.

It's sore - it's on my spacebar bit of thumb!! - but not too bad. It
hurt a bit when I got butternut squash juice in it!