Old 29-09-2012, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default sweet peas already?

stuart noble wrote in
:

I see Unwins are advising people to sow sweet peas now. I'm in favour
of early sowing, but surely not till the current plants have stopped
blooming. Are there any other flowers that can be germinated in Autumn
and will survive the winter in a cold frame? Nice to see something
growing when it's so dismal outside

IME Unwins T&M and Suttons are madly expensive for anything. And they lie!

What I have bought this first year of something to look at in the garden
during winter.

http://tinyurl.com/d2qfb3v

Not sweet peas but nice to see something growing when it's so dismal
outside.

Baz