Old 01-10-2012, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Frost already. Early?

Baz wrote:
I think it is the begining of the end of even autumn.
The grass was lightly crunching under my feet earlier this morning.
My car was flashing -1 to -2. with a slight dusting of frost on the
windscreen.

I've forgotten where you are located. Over in sunny Essex it was
a warm piddling it down 1st October this morning. Nice clear full
mooned sky last night, too (or maybe one day past it).

Just got myself a rocket off of the boss 'cos I should have turned the
heating on for the office staff. To be fair I should have set it.
October 1st and frosty. What next?

I've instructed Nick that the central heating is not allowed on until
November. I think he's glad he's out of the country for at leat half
of October. ;-)
(Although I may have a fight on my hands when he comes back and he's
been basking in the twenties)