Old 01-10-2012, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Frost already. Early?

In message , Baz
writes
I think it is the begining of the end of even autumn.
The grass was lightly crunching under my feet earlier this morning.
My car was flashing -1 to -2. with a slight dusting of frost on the
windscreen.
Just got myself a rocket off of the boss 'cos I should have turned the
heating on for the office staff. To be fair I should have set it.
October 1st and frosty. What next?

There was a roof frost here a week or so back.

We've had a run of warm autumns, but I don't think that frost in early
October or even September is all that unusual in the long run. Some
years we get an early October frost, and then no more for over a month -
at this time of year frosts depend on getting the right combination of
clear skies and low winds.

It does seem to be cooler this year. Last year I didn't turn the CH on
until December, but this year the temperature has already hovering just
above the temperature where heating is needed for a couple of weeks.

Baz

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley