Old 01-10-2012, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default Frost already. Early?

In message , Baz
writes
I think it is the begining of the end of even autumn.
The grass was lightly crunching under my feet earlier this morning.
My car was flashing -1 to -2. with a slight dusting of frost on the
windscreen.
Just got myself a rocket off of the boss 'cos I should have turned the
heating on for the office staff. To be fair I should have set it.
October 1st and frosty. What next?

There was a roof frost here a week or so back.

We've had a run of warm autumns, but I don't think that frost in early
October or even September is all that unusual in the long run. Some years
we get an early October frost, and then no more for over a month - at this
time of year frosts depend on getting the right combination of clear skies
and low winds.

It does seem to be cooler this year. Last year I didn't turn the CH on
until December, but this year the temperature has already hovering just
above the temperature where heating is needed for a couple of weeks.

Having read the comments on CH, how low does the inside temperature have to
get before you turn the CH on?
I suppose mornings and evenings are more important than mid-day or overnight
unless you are in the house al day.

For me, 14C inside the house is just a bit too cool.

Cheers

Dave R

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder