Old 01-10-2012, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Frost already. Early?

On Mon, 1 Oct 2012 11:31:34 +0100, David WE Roberts wrote:

Having read the comments on CH, how low does the inside temperature
have to get before you turn the CH on?

We never turn it off. The programable thermostat might not trip the
heating for a couple of weeks around midsummer first thing in the morning
and late afternoon but for the last month it's being doing that
consistently and more recently firing up during the day. Living room is
set to 18.5C daytime,rising to 20C from 1600 to 2300, overnight is 15C I
think. There is nearly always some one in.

For me, 14C inside the house is just a bit too cool.

Agreed, for a living room not too bad for a bedroom but would require
fully fluffed up feather and down winter duvet, a blanket and socks.

As to frosts we've had several ground frosts already and possibly one air
frost. 4 more weeks and we can expect the first snow...

--
Cheers
Dave.