Old 01-10-2012, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default This year's Good+Bad (please add your own)

"Alan (BigAl)" wrote:
Chard - Most bolted early, some still cropping ligh

I wonder if my success with these is because they were in root trainers
and left in the greenhouse until nearly dead, then planted out waaaaay
too late, and now they're really going for it cos they think they have
escaped? :-D

Kale - Russian red - excellent
Black kale - very good

I have only had the kale out for a month or so! All my brassicas were
really really late this year. I'm not holding my breath, but Iw ould
really like a good sprout crop this year. Last year was a total failure.

Garlic - very tiny bulbs - excellent flavour though.

Forgot my garlic. I have a tights leg of it in the summer house. It's
starting to sprout already, though. :-(

Parsnips - rubbish

Not picked any yet, but the onion patch was totally parsnipped over by
the seed from next door!