Old 01-10-2012, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default This year's Good+Bad (please add your own)

CT wrote:
Broad beans: didn't grow any. I accidentally bought two extra
courgette plants which had been mis-labeled as broad beans. I did say
I was a novice! For next year, I have already bought a packet and will
plant them November-ish for over-wintering and see how it goes.

I would suggest planting around 1/3 of them to over-winter, then another
third early next year, then the last 1/3 a month or two later. Otherwise
you get a /lot/ in one go, and no more. They don't grow like runner beans.