Old 01-10-2012, 08:25 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Name View Post
Broad beans - good
Runner beans - awful (slugged to nothing)
French beans - awful (slugged to nothing)
.
Broad beans - slugged
Giant mangetout peas from Real seeds - fantastic! Light crop because no sun, but the taste was wonderful.

Runner beans, Climbing French, courgettes, all OK because I grew them in pots in the greenhouse. Ditto tomatoes and cucumbers, although both are late.

Cabbages spinach etc - between pigeons and slugs I'm experimenting with greenhouse growth.

Lettuces - greenhouse - very good.

Alpine strawberries are always good in a wet year, much bigger than normal
Rhubarb slugged! Though I did get a reasonable harvest.

Raspberries good but lacking in flavour, tayberries good, blackberries best yet.

Mulberries - about half normal crop.
Medlars - very poor. Perhaps 30 fruits altogether
Figs - big and juicy but still not ripe - it's a rice between them and the frost.

Apples - mixed. Could just be biennial bearing. About 30lbs of Worcesters but heavily predated by blackbirds. None of the others are anywhere near ripe yet.