Old 02-10-2012, 02:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Grape Harvest

Billy wrote:
songbird wrote:
Billy wrote:

For us workers, this season, with its slow ripening means that we aren't
being confronted with large amounts of grapes to process in a short
time, and the grapes are coming in at a leisurely pace, which has cut
into our overtime. All this could change with the arrival of storm
clouds, but so far there are none on the horizon. If rain does start to
come soon, everyone will try to save their harvest by picking everything
that they can, and we will return to our normal "bedlam".

feast or famine farming...

Wineries are having problems of not enough work for their pickers, and
cellar crews to keep them busy. They can't afford to let them go,
because they may lose them for when they need them.

flash freezing is out of the question? to take
care of too much too quickly times so they could
get by with a smaller regular crew to process...

liquid nitrogen bubble bath.

songbird