Old 02-10-2012, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hazel

On Mon, 1 Oct 2012 23:53:11 +0100, David Rance wrote:

There are lots of young squirrels around here. Many are getting run
over by cars. Between Caversham and Wokingham yesterday I must have
counted at least half a dozen, ...

Best place for grey squirrels, between tarmac and rubber.

... not including the live ones who only just skipped out of the way.

Must try harder. Rabbits and pheasants make up most of the road kill
around here, normally half a dozen or so corpses on the 2.5 miles down to
town.

As for natures harvest, our rowans are normally red with berriers at this
time of year. You'd be hard pressed to find more than a dozen small
bunches across all of them this year. The red and black currants and the
gooseberries hardly produced anything either. It's going to be a tough
winter for wildlife even if it's a mild one.

--
Cheers
Dave.