Old 03-10-2012, 08:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Mysterious lawn!

"Ragnar" wrote

"SueBee38" wrote in message

I wonder if anyone can ID this plant growing in our lawn, and how we can
get rid of it pls?

|Filename: lawn 1.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15346|
|Filename: lawn 2.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15347|

Daisy?
Selective weedkiller.

Looking at that lawn I think there are more problems than the daisies.
Suggest you use a "Weed and Feed" for autumn use, you may just have time,
wait a few week than scarify the lawn getting all the dead stuff out (it
will look worse after) then get some air into it by going over digging a
fork down to make holes. Then come spring feed it, again with a weed and
feed, seaweed extract or just growmore, or all three.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.