Old 04-10-2012, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Rubber plant...

On 04/10/2012 13:48, Jake wrote:
My mum kills plants.

She has currently a very sick looking rubber plant, the leaves are very dull
and are drooping, not shiny like when she got it six months ago.

Any suggestions what I can do to liven it up or is it already a goner?

As others have said, it could be too wet or too dry, and that's just for
starters. If I were you, I would tip it out of the pot and see if the
roots are wet and rotten or dry and gasping for water.

If she'd spent the last 6 mnths overwatering it, I would have expected
it to have drowned already, so I'm wondering if it's on the dry side.
Only one way to be sure.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London