Old 04-10-2012, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Rubber plant...

"Jake" wrote ...

"Spider" wrote
Jake wrote:
My mum kills plants.

She has currently a very sick looking rubber plant, the leaves are very
dull
and are drooping, not shiny like when she got it six months ago.

Any suggestions what I can do to liven it up or is it already a goner?

As others have said, it could be too wet or too dry, and that's just for
starters. If I were you, I would tip it out of the pot and see if the
roots are wet and rotten or dry and gasping for water.

If she'd spent the last 6 mnths overwatering it, I would have expected it
to have drowned already, so I'm wondering if it's on the dry side. Only
one way to be sure.

It's not on the dry side. I just checked the soil today and it's quite
damp. I was kept on a ENE facing window that's about 10 feet away from the
neighbour's house wall, so I suspect it was light that was the problem.

I have liberated the thing and moved it to a SSE facing window.

Sounds like she might do better with an Anthurium in that spot.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.