Old 04-10-2012, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default Mysterious lawn!

On Tuesday, 2 October 2012 17:03:52 UTC+1, SueBee38 wrote:
I wonder if anyone can ID this plant growing in our lawn, and how we can

get rid of it pls?

|Filename: lawn 1.jpg |

|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15346|

|Filename: lawn 2.jpg |

|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15347|

SueBee38

This looks like a frequently scalped lawn. Try raising the cut of the mower, cut more frequently and enjoy the 'species rich' sward. You will probably see a better range of wild flowers under the new regime.
The soil is already impoverished so wild flowers will be able to compete better with the grass than in a 'properly' managed lawn.

Rod