Old 05-10-2012, 01:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default What flower is this?

"Adria" wrote in message

Hello. I have had this plant for many years now (from my grandma), and
we always called it Camellia - but I googled for images of camellias I
haven't found any that resemble this one. Is it really that? If not,
could anyone please tell me what it is?Thank you!

The leaves look wrong for it to be a camellia. The whole plant looks
wrong - it just doesn't look woody enough to be a camellia to my way of
thinking. The foliage/stems etc have got more the look of a hydrangea (in
terms of non-woodiness) than a camellia. And before anyone says it's not a
hydrangea, I'm not saying it is one - just has the same sort of toughish,
but non-woody stem structure.

|Filename: Photo0112.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15354|