Old 05-10-2012, 12:21 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post

It's not on the dry side. I just checked the soil today and it's quite damp.
I was kept on a ENE facing window that's about 10 feet away from the
neighbour's house wall, so I suspect it was light that was the problem.

I have liberated the thing and moved it to a SSE facing window.
I had a Ficus benjamina which I allowed to get too cold in a spare room. It dropped all its leaves. When they regrew about 6 months later, the leaves were dull, a matte finish rather than a shiny one. But it was otherwise healthy and flourished until it got far too big and I gave it to someone else. You said your mothers leaves were dull, so I wondered if there was any possibility of a cold shock in the plant's history.