Old 05-10-2012, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default Autumn Raspberries?

On 05/10/2012 13:01, echinosum wrote:
'Broadback[_3_ Wrote:
;970204']Last Winter I planted some Autumn Raspberries, whereas to date
I have
only grown Summer ones. I am very disappointed with the results

You can't expect much first year after planting any kind of raspberry.
In general autumn raspberries are much more reliable and troublefree and
unwormy than summer ones. In theory raspberries grow best in damp and
acid-soiled locations, but they seem pretty drought and lime tolerant in
my experience. Give them a bit of potash from time to time.

Well thanks one and all, you have given me hope. ;-)