Old 06-10-2012, 01:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Rubber plant...

"kay" wrote in message
Jake;970221 Wrote:

It's not on the dry side. I just checked the soil today and it's quite
damp.
I was kept on a ENE facing window that's about 10 feet away from the
neighbour's house wall, so I suspect it was light that was the problem.

I have liberated the thing and moved it to a SSE facing window.

I had a Ficus benjamina which I allowed to get too cold in a spare room.
It dropped all its leaves. When they regrew about 6 months later, the
leaves were dull, a matte finish rather than a shiny one. But it was
otherwise healthy and flourished until it got far too big and I gave it
to someone else. You said your mothers leaves were dull, so I wondered
if there was any possibility of a cold shock in the plant's history.

No, not at all, her house is always kept warm.