Old 07-10-2012, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Theft

On 07/10/2012 09:30, Rob wrote:
A rather elegant Bird Bath/Statue was stolen from the garden last night.
Is there any
point in calling the Police ?

Yes, you must ring them. Every reported crime becomes a statistic in
the battle to recruit more police officers, rather than less. I run an
active Neighbourhood Watch Scheme and I ask all my members to report
crime to the Police, as well as to me so that I can warn others.

You may not get your ornament back. You may not even be impressed with
the police reaction every time, but your reported crime makes a lot of
difference to how police numbers and presence on the streets are
perceived.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London