Old 10-10-2012, 05:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Ideal Soil for Photinia Fraseri Red Robin

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 17:31:32 +1100, "Farm1"
wrote:

"Brooklyn1" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 9 Oct 2012 13:19:03 +1100, "Farm1"
wrote:

"W" wrote in message
news:956dnbpkBfeh6u7NnZ2dnUVZ5gqdnZ2d@giganews. com...
What is the ideal soil for Photinia Fraseri (aka Red Robin) grown in a
temperate Mediterranean climate like California?

My gardener planted a row of Photinia hedges and they all appear to be
dying
off. The soil is almost clayish, and now I am reading that Photinia
like
fast draining soils? I think they were just not well planted, and now
want to research the topic before making things worse.

You should have done your research at the time you first asked us about
his
plant earlier this year in April.

They like fertile soil that doesn't get waterlogged. Shove a finger down
into the soil and find out what the conditions (soild & moisture) are at
about 6 inches down and then report back to us.

Sheesh... WTF has a 6" long finger... you must lie the same about the
length of your 2" penis.

Time you stopped drinking so much booze shedlon because you've known for
years that I am a female.

I never thought you were female, your posting personality displays no
female attributes.