Old 10-10-2012, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Blackberry with rose-like habit

I was clearing the corner of a friend's garden in Cornwall, and
the blackberry puzzled me, because it had perennial stems like
a rose. It wasn't any of the foreign blackberries that I recognise,
nor like most of the UK ones. Other than that, it was a very
ordinary blackberry, just like most of the other UK ones.

Does anyone recognise such a thing? My guess is that it could be
an extreme Rubus fruticosus (perhaps in section glandulosi), or a
hybrid with a foreign species.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.