Old 12-10-2012, 01:47 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by echinosum View Post
They something in the Sorbus family, closely related to a rowan. Sorbus with white berries are often S fruticosa or S cashmeriana, but there are other possibilities. But knowing it is a sorbus fairly similar to a rowan is probably enough for you.
Sorry, I realise I'm wrong, I've spotted the leaves now. It's a cotoneaster. Cotoneaster can be hacked back quite ruthlessly whenver you want and are practically unkillable.