Old 12-10-2012, 11:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike L Mike L is offline

Default Peony seed oil

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 17:27:02 +0100 (BST), wrote:

In article ,
Granity wrote:
echinosum;970680 Wrote:

A little research indicates that it is something the Chinese value, it
hasn't caught on elsewhere. I would imagine that one would need Chinese
agricultural labour costs and Chinese agricultural conditions to make
money from growing it.

It's another 'wonder product' that is 'very good for you' and 'make you
live longer' .............................. well so they claim. :-)

Peony Seed Oil

Peony seed oil is a kind of fatty acid extracted from peony seed. Most
of the constituents contain more than 90% unsaturated fatty acid, among
which a- linolenic acid accounts for more than 40%. It is capable of
enhancing intelligence, deferring senility, strengthening immunity,
lowering blood fat, blood pressure and blood sugar and inhibiting
cancers.

What? It doesn't even make your teeth whiter, and make you
irrestistably attractive to the sex of your preference? Quite
useless.

Thanks for that. I reckon I'll stick to bile tapped from live bears.

--
Mike.