Old 13-10-2012, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Runner Bean Seeds

In article ,
Judith in England wrote:

No the pods have not dried out at all (I didn't want to eat them as I still
have plenty of smaller ones - the bigger ones are big because I intentionally
left them!!)

Grrk. It's been a bad year. Most of my drying beans are like that,
too.

I think from what you suggest that I will leave on the plants until they
shrivel up, and then check that the beans have become mottled - I guess so that
they look like those in the seed packets.

Yes. And, when you dry them out inside, they should not shrivel
(even slightly). If they do, I doubt that they will germinate.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.