Old 13-10-2012, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Commercial potting compost

On 2012-10-13 19:14:49 +0100, David Hill
said:

On 13/10/2012 16:50, Broadback wrote:
I use quite a lot as I have many plant pots and grow from seed. I pay
about £12 for three large bags, all the garden centres in the area seem
to be much the same price. However lately I have found there are a lot
of bits of wood in the compost, which is a nuisance when potting on. I
know that I could sieve it but I am wondering if there are better
composts out there at about the same price. Would the team please
advice?

You don't say how much you use in a season.
Sounds as if you are using Peat free. I have yet to find one that was
good for anything other than as a mulch.

You and Ray were separated at birth!

Arr! We was educated proper