Old 13-10-2012, 11:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default What do you think about mouse control?

"The Original Jake" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 18:54:25 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I'm having a bit of an argument with the Americans on another group..some
seem to think it's Ok to get them on glue boards and then drown them.
I disagree. I favour snap traps.
What do you all think?

Resident cat (in between making sure that no alien cat craps on the
property) does a pretty decent job of catching rats and mice (and
moles in season) and leaving the bodies as tribute in the porch each
night. I will not mention the occasions when he offers us the chance
to enjoy the thrill of the hunt by delivering a live one somewhere on
the human side of the front door.

Gosh Jake, you must have my Charlie's older brother! Except Charlie brings
them all indoors - dead, half eaten and very much alive. I use a couple of
humane traps when I'm not around to remove the live ones from him. Removed
ones go out the window and take their chance, trapped ones go to work with
me and are released into the overgrown boundary between the car park and the
hotel next door.

I would never use glue traps for mice, though I have used them for carpet
moths and fleas [student accommodation a scrillion years ago]. Totally
unpleasant things.

--
Kathy