Old 14-10-2012, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Runner Bean Seeds

Pete wrote:
What does the team think of using seed of more than one year old ?

When I moved in here the next door neighbour gave me a bag of old beans
which were about 12 years out of date, and I believe every single one of
them germinated. Runner beans particularly seem to be very good at still
working forever*

Btw, you want to watch out when following up to a post not to leave the
sig separator ('-- ') in your post - my newsreader automatically cuts off
sigs in replies, so your entire post was missing when I tried to reply,
which isn't too hard to fix, but you may find other people strip of sigs
when reading, so your post content would have been invisible to them.
(if that makes sense)