Old 14-10-2012, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default What do you think about mouse control?

In article
,
lid says...

Resident cat (in between making sure that no alien cat craps on the
property) does a pretty decent job of catching rats and mice (and
moles in season) and leaving the bodies as tribute in the porch each
night. I will not mention the occasions when he offers us the chance
to enjoy the thrill of the hunt by delivering a live one somewhere on
the human side of the front door.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.

Looking out of the bedroom window the other
morning, I spooted something in the middle of
the road. Looke like a red & grey scarf at
first, but when I went out, it was a
decapitated and disembowelled rat. As there
are children in the road, I removed it before
it got run over and threw it into the field
across the road for the buzzards and Red Kites
to find. Neighbour came out at that point and
I told him what I'd just done and with a wince
he congratulated me. Saw him yesterday and he
told me the rest of the rat was found under
his car - he was not happy!

Whilst I get fed up with the cat in our garden
and its crapping on the road, I'm quite happy
for him to despatch the local rodent
population.

--
Roger T