Old 14-10-2012, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Manure too fresh?

On 14/10/2012 17:14, Baz wrote:
I have had 40+ open bags of horse manure delivered today, Sunday. So it is
not quite retail.
It is not rotted and looks like it was "laid" 3 or 4 weeks ago.
Ok, I got it for free but was wondering what I am going to do with it.
I think it is not weedkiller infested because there is some grass or
something growing in some of them.
What to do? I don't have a big enough area to compost it.

Why not? Stack it into a roughly 2m cube.
Or give away to your other allotment holders the stuff you can't use.
ISTR you have plenty of burnt bridges to sort out.

Dig it in or bin it?

Baz

Dig it in if you must but be careful what you grow next year. Far better
to let it compost/ferment for a while and then you can get a nice crop
of mushrooms off some of it as well. You should compost *some* for that
purpose. Decent heat source as well if you do it right.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown