Old 15-10-2012, 12:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Commercial potting compost

On Saturday, October 13, 2012 4:50:30 PM UTC+1, Broadback wrote:
I use quite a lot as I have many plant pots and grow from seed. I pay

about £12 for three large bags, all the garden centres in the area seem

to be much the same price. However lately I have found there are a lot

of bits of wood in the compost, which is a nuisance when potting on. I

know that I could sieve it but I am wondering if there are better

composts out there at about the same price. Would the team please advice?

Just buy one of any random brand, check its ok and get more if it is. Its not at all necessary to stick to well reputed brands, and the only way you really know what its like is to open it.

NT