Old 15-10-2012, 07:36 AM
allen73 allen73 is offline
Registered User

Location: California

Beets can be sliced thinly or shredded on a grater and eaten raw in salads. I am a salad person so that is one of my favorite way to eat beets. If you are not a salad person then I can give you some recipe. Cut beets into very small cubes and onions too. In a pan add oil and few mustard seeds, once the seeds start cracking add the onions and beets fry them for 10 mins add salt for taste. Taste would be delicious once you fry them in oil. Another method is shred beets on a grater. Slit few green chillies, cut onions and few grated coconut. Fry onions and chilies in oil once the onion are brown add the shredded beets and a pinch of salt for taste. Close the lid of the pan in a very slow flame. Check every few mins and when you feel it is cooked well add the coconut on it. Try these two recipes for beets, I bet you will love it.
Fruit Trees