Old 15-10-2012, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Runner Bean Seeds

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 09:15:34 +0100, mogga
wrote:

On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 14:36:36 +0100, Judith in England
wrote:

I have grown runner beans for years - always very successful. I have always
used bought beans as seeds. This year I have left some beans unpicked - they
are quite long and quite big beans inside them now.

I intend to harvest, dry and us as seed for next year.

Any comments or suggestions please.

I left some broad bean pods on to dry. They're dry now and I reckon
the mice have pinched all the beans. They have buried some peas that
fell off on the far side of the plot from my pea bed though.

I was once left in charge of a friend's garden while they were off on
a cruise, in January. They had sown a tray of broad bean seed and
suspended it by wires from the roof of the greenhouse.
I found holes in the compost where the beans had been.
How the mice got at them we never worked out.

Pam in Bristol