Old 15-10-2012, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Well That's it

Roger Tonkin wrote in
:

Following Sat nights frost, a garden inspection between the
showers this morning reveals:

Dahlias, Hydrangeas & Virginia Creeper blackenen and soorwful
Fuchias just looking a bit sad
French Beans (what there was), sweet corn dead
Runner beans just about still alive, but rather sad
Lettuce (outside) still looks OK
Leeks & winter green vegies fine
Carrots, swede & turnip fine, just need to stop the slugs
burrowing in!

You have done well I think from this awful year.
I have had next to nothing this year because of flooding.
I wish I knew how to grow swede properly. Mine have always been small and
like a carrot in shape, not cylindrical(if thats the right word) Have you
any tips for me?
I don't know of anyone who has had the slightest cob of sweetcorn this year
localy. Just a bad year I suppose.

Baz