Old 15-10-2012, 06:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Roy[_4_] Roy[_4_] is offline

Default Oversized red beets

On Monday, October 15, 2012 12:36:07 AM UTC-6, allen73 wrote:
Beets can be sliced thinly or shredded on a grater and eaten raw in

salads. I am a salad person so that is one of my favorite way to eat

beets. If you are not a salad person then I can give you some recipe.

Cut beets into very small cubes and onions too. In a pan add oil and few

mustard seeds, once the seeds start cracking add the onions and beets

fry them for 10 mins add salt for taste. Taste would be delicious once

you fry them in oil. Another method is shred beets on a grater. Slit few

green chillies, cut onions and few grated coconut. Fry onions and

chilies in oil once the onion are brown add the shredded beets and a

pinch of salt for taste. Close the lid of the pan in a very slow flame.

Check every few mins and when you feel it is cooked well add the coconut

on it. Try these two recipes for beets, I bet you will love it.

allen73

Lots of good ideas...Thanks all.