Old 15-10-2012, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default What do you think about mouse control?

Martin wrote in
:

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 13:52:23 GMT, Baz wrote:

Martin wrote in
m:

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 13:02:55 GMT, Baz wrote:

Martin wrote in
m:

The pest control man told that if there is a hole somewhere in
your house that you can get a biro into, a mouse will get in. Up
drainpipes was another favourite, I believe. I've watched one
climbing up a fig tree against a wall.

Mice climbed up a plaster wall, in the cupboard under the stairs,
got in and out of a plastic carrier bag, hanging from a nail, and
ate the crisps that were in it

Was there some cheese in the crisps? :-;
:-)

I was impressed that they chewed their way into unopened bags

So their sense of smell is very well evolved.

or their ability to recognise a carrier bag containing food?

And you are upset 'cos they
opened them first? Beat tham to it next time, Martin...

:-)

The mice, our two children and the crisps are long gone. Our children
and the mice used to eat the crisps. I put cement in the hole that the
mice used to get into the cupboard, but not before they had chewed up
a pair of trainers

Another cheesy treat?

Baz