Old 16-10-2012, 12:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Maroochy[_4_] Maroochy[_4_] is offline

Default 12 months On-6542

Pat Durkin wrote:
"Maroochy" wrote in message

Your plants are all thriving it seems and everything looks great. I
have a lot of clay in my soil too and not everything I plant works
out this well.
My house was used when I bought it and the previous owner had mostly
roses planted and they were thriving, but after a while we got tired
of all roses and decided to redo the gardens. I put in a variety of
plants including some that were hummingbird attracters and my results
were unfortunately sort of hit-or-miss. Over time we've finally got
it coming around pretty well but I've got a ways to go yet.

Meanwhile, congratulations on your garden! It really looks nice.

Thanks Pat.

We sort of have the same problem here. Whilst the house area was a blank
page for me to do my own gardening thing, parts of the rest of the property
have been "landscaped" by a previous owner, but subsequent owners have let
it get overgrown ( our block was originally a 5 acre block with a house
right at the front, then the chap we bought it from, subdivided it into two,
the house and 1.5 acres and the bit we bought, 3.5 acres). . I'm gradually
removing all the overgrowth and replanting to my taste. It will take me a
long time, but I am enjoying doing it. Unfortunately there's dozens of huge
corydlines dotted everywhere and other trees I don't like, so they have to
go to.