Old 16-10-2012, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Manure too fresh?

"Baz" wrote in message
Martin Brown wrote in
:

On 14/10/2012 17:14, Baz wrote:
I have had 40+ open bags of horse manure delivered today, Sunday. So
it is not quite retail.
It is not rotted and looks like it was "laid" 3 or 4 weeks ago.
Ok, I got it for free but was wondering what I am going to do with
it. I think it is not weedkiller infested because there is some grass
or something growing in some of them.
What to do? I don't have a big enough area to compost it.

Why not? Stack it into a roughly 2m cube.

In the bedroom perhaps? When I say I have no area, I mean I have no room
in
the garden.

Or give away to your other allotment holders the stuff you can't use.

I now see that you think the dung is at the allotment, sorry, it's at home
in the garden. I would not give anything to the existing tenants, I would
to the newer ones. It's them and us, and they will not let their childish
attitude go. They have had it too good for too long. It is not the fault
of
ours that we have been allowed an allotment because some other greedy sods
who have broken their tenancy agreement have been evicted. And I never
said
anything at the tanancy meeting. I held out my hand and was blackballed.

ISTR you have plenty of burnt bridges to sort out.

Which bridges are these? You know more about me than I do!

ISTR that you called one of the other allotment holders "a fat tart" to her
face. That's an incinerated bridge for me.
It's totally unacceptable behaviour on a shared site and is why I keep my
privately owned 1/3 acre veggie plot for myself and family.
Oh, yes, everyone wants in, but I wouldn't risk it just in case I got
someone like you who thought it was fine to insult the other plotholders.
"If" you ever did such a thing on my ground, your arse would not touch the
fence I kicked you over. And the key I gave you to access it would have to
be returned immediately.