Old 17-10-2012, 12:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default My corn harvest

Higgs Boson said:

This sorry spectacle presents the results of what started out as a
fairly decent corn patch.

http://s1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii566/giborah/?

action=view&current=CornHarvest.jpg

Even allowing for (a) late cold Spring and (b) my procrastination and
(c) effects of global warming ?, I expected better. The plants looked
very healthy. But in the end, not one had full-filled ears.

Anyone in climates similar to So Calif coastal have a clue?

Climate not at all similar to So Cal but I did have several of my corn
plantings with similar results this year. In my case, it was likely due
to stressful growing condition: extreme heat and drought. The tassels
browned out quickly and the silks dried out.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored