Old 18-10-2012, 07:54 AM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default My corn harvest

Higgs Boson wrote:
Next year, if I am spared -- if we are all spared -- I will plant much
earlier. If, that is, I decide to continue veggie gardening. Am
considering abandoning veggies and just taking care of the
decoratives. We consume so little that even buying good organic
produce is probably more cost-effective than spending all that time
preparing, planting, watering, veggies in hopes of a harvest.
Tomatoes are particularly unhappy here -- I'm not the only home
gardener in this area to report bad vibes.

for me, gardening is a lot about exercise
with purpose.

what do you do for getting organic
material into the soil or do you grow
cover crops in the off season?

find plants better suited to your climate
that you would rather grow. fruit trees,
dates, figs, almonds, avocado, grape vines,
pistachios, citrus, ...

OK, thanks everybody. It's time to have a word with the watermelon
vines that are still under the impression that this is mid-summer...(:

will they keep fruiting all winter there?

songbird