Old 19-10-2012, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,alt.usage.english
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default OT Serious question

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 17:54:54 -0700 (PDT), Arcadian Rises
wrote:

I agree with Mr. Friedman: a change in status required a special word.

Until what age can someone claim the orphan status? I never considered
my grandparents as orphans although all their parents died before I
was born.

Dunno, but I took my 85 year old mother to hospital the other
day,stopping on the way back to do some shopping it was hissing down
and nearby places such as Clovelly were getting a bit wet.
So I parked in one of the Parent and Child spaces so she didn't have
to walk too far . Probably not what the supermarket intended but there
were no ages stated on the sign.

G Harman