Old 20-10-2012, 12:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Blueberries

Moppet said:

I have one blueberry plant which is planted in the top of a planter
containing strawberry plants. Each year it gets a reasonable amount of
blueberries but they don't ripen. Any ideas why?

I was under the impression that it was best to have two different
blueberry cultivars in close proximity to ensure cross pollination and
better fruit set.

Failure to set and ripen fruit is due to either lack of pollination, stress
due to improper culture (pruning, water, soil, fertilizer), disease or pests.

A google search turns up that blueberries might fail to ripen if they are
attacked by the Holly Midge.

http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/prob...y-berry-midge-
pests.htm

--